Scholarships are for Health Care Studies at Texas Universities and Colleges
Eligibility requirements for St. David’s Neal Kocurek Scholarships are:
- Applicants must be a high school senior within Travis, Hays, Williamson, Bastrop or Caldwell counties
- Applicants are accepted at an accredited college or university in Texas to pursue a degree in a health care related discipline*
- Psychology or social work applications accepted for students planning to work in a medical environment
- Applicants must attend an accredited college or university in Texas as a full-time student (12+ units/semester)
- Finalists must be able to attend an in-person interview
- Applicants must be a United States Citizen or a legal non-citizen resident
- Applicants must pass a background check. There can be no conviction for violating any federal or state laws for alcohol or drugs
- Financial need is considered in the application process. Proof of family income is required.
*Students pursuing careers in health-related fields not pertaining to humans will not be considered
Due to IRS regulations, the children and grandchildren of employees of St. David’s HealthCare and St. David’s Foundation as well as the children and grandchildren of members of the Foundation Board and its committee are not eligible for our scholarships.